A former financial and food industry analyst, Robyn O’Brien triggered an allergic reaction in the food industry when she asked: “Are we allergic to food or what’s been done to it?” She has helped to lead a food awakening among consumers, corporations and politicians. Food companies responding to Robyn’s work include Kraft, Coca Cola, Burger King, Chipotle, Nestlé, Target and others. She sheds light on how the changing landscape of food and health is impacting the food industry and our economy.
Robyn’s mission is to engage her followers in the food movement in a positive and meaningful way, making the shift accessible and affordable. She advocates an 80/20 approach to eating—80 percent of the time, you do the best you can; the other 20 percent of the time allows you the grace and flexibility to live in the real world and adjust for everyday living. Robyn feels that the 80/20 approach is extremely important in order to help her readers and followers to focus on “progress not perfection,” and to address the fact that diet is no longer one size fits all, and to avoid disordered eating.
The Robyn Recommends program highlights brands, companies and products that Robyn and her family use regularly. At any time, on any given day, these products can be found in her home. Wherever possible, Robyn has invested time visiting the headquarters, manufacturing facilities and offices of these companies to meet with the management and production teams. Robyn’s philosophy is to “focus on progress, not perfection,” and she and her family adhere to her “80/20 Rule.” Natural Vitality is proud to be chosen to receive the Robyn Recommends seal.