¾ cup whole-wheat flour
¼ cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chia seeds
Zest of 1 lemon
1½ teaspoons (1 packet) Lemon Natural Calm
Juice of ½ lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
3 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a mini-muffin tin with baking spray or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chia seeds, lemon zest and Lemon Natural Calm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together until fully incorporated.
- Fill the muffin tins ¾ full with the batter. Bake for 10–12 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let cool for 3–5 minutes in the tin, then remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- We recommend using local, organic and non-GMO ingredients whenever possible.
Created for Natural Vitality Living by Gina Matsoukas, who hosts the blog Running to the Kitchen.