¼ cup cacao butter/oil
¼ cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons Natural Vitality Natural CALM, Lemon Flavor
Zest from ½ lemon
5 drops alcohol-free stevia
1. Place a candy mold, with at least 40 cavities, on a large baking sheet and set aside.
2. Add cacao butter and coconut oil to a small saucepan. Heat over very low heat, just to melt.
3. Add in remaining ingredients; whisk until Natural Calm has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
4. Pour mixture into candy mold, filling to the top. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer to harden for 1 hour.
5. Once hardened, remove lemon drops from the molds and transfer to a container. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 2 months.
Cacao butter is also known as cacao oil. It’s the oil from the cacao bean, the fat in chocolate and the base used in white chocolate. Quality cacao butter has the potential to reduce markers of inflammation with its high levels of antioxidants, benefiting heart, digestive, hormonal and joint health.
By Leanne Vogel, Holistic Nutritionist and Wellness Expert, Healthful Pursuit
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour (chill)
Serves: 8, 5 drops per serving