<img class="alignnone wp-image-1600" src="http://naturalvitality.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/nongmoicecream informative post.jpg” alt=”nongmoicecream” width=”690″ height=”431″ />
GMO-Free Banana-Pecan Biscotti & Tart Berry–Cacao Dairyless Ice Cream
1½ organic bananas, puréed
½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1½ cups almond flour
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon Raspberry-lemon Natural Calm
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch sea salt
⅓ cup raw pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add banana and vanilla to the bowl of your food processor and purée until smooth. If you do not have a food processor, mash in a bowl with a potato masher.
- Add flour, flaxseed, Natural Calm, baking powder and salt, and pulse until it forms into a ball. If you are using a bowl, use a hand-held mixer.
- Add pecans and pulse lightly. If using a bowl, chop pecans and fold into the dough.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and form the dough into a 14-inch brick, about 4 inches wide.
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven; cool for 15 minutes. Then cut on an angle into 8 pieces.
- Transfer back to baking sheet, reset oven to 325°F and bake for 10–12 minutes per side.
- Remove from oven and allow biscotti to cool completely, 1 hour.
- We recommend using local, organic and non-GMO ingredients whenever possible.
By Leanne Vogel, Holistic Nutritionist and Wellness Expert, Healthful Pursuit