½ cup cocoa powder
⅓ cup milled flaxseed
3 teaspoons orange-flavored Natural Calm
1 teaspoon sea salt
14 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
¼ cup coconut oil
½ cup coconut nectar, agave nectar or honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or high-powered blender. Process on high for 2 minutes, until mixture is completely smooth.
- If using a food processor, add dry ingredients to wet and process for another 1 minute, until fully combined. If you’re using a blender, pour the wet ingredients into a large clean bowl, followed by the dry ingredients. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- If using a food processor, remove the blade and stir in chocolate chips. If in a bowl from the blended mix, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons at a time onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches in between each cookie.
- Bake for 14–16 minutes, until tops are cracked and begin to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- If honey is used, recipe is no longer vegan. Do not use unflavored Natural Calm for this recipe. Testing shows that orange flavored Natural Calm works best. To store cookies, transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate for five days.
- We recommend using local, organic and non-GMO ingredients whenever possible.