by Leanne Vogel, Holistic Nutritionist and Wellness Expert, Healthful Pursuit
Author: Leanne Vogel
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 80 minutes (freeze)
Have a classic carrot cake experience without all the baking, sugars and animal products with this no bake carrot cake pops. The cake is sweetened with prunes and raisins and filled with raw shredded carrots, all topped with a raisin-sweetened frosting.
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for 12 hours in water then drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons Natural Vitality CALM Orange Flavor
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
No Bake Carrot Cake Pops
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup medium-shredded unsweetened coconut
- 21 pitted dried prunes (approximately ¾ cup)
- ¼ cup sultana raisins
- 2 cups medium shredded carrots
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For the frosting, add soaked and drained cashews to the jug of your high-powered blender. Add remaining frosting ingredients and blend on high until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside on the counter.
- For the cake pops, add the walnuts and coconut to the bowl of your food processor and pulse on high for 2 minutes, until walnuts are in little pieces.
- Add prunes and raisins. Pulse again, for 1 minute, until prunes are broken down and mixture is sticky.
- Add in remaining ingredients – carrots, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pulse for 20 seconds, just to incorporate.
- Roll mixture into 12 balls, about 2 tablespoons per ball.
- Poke with a cake pop stick and set on a cake pop rack. Alternatively, if you do not have either, you could use popsicle sticks and lay to rest on a baking sheet.
- Transfer pops to the freezer for one hour.
- Once chilled, carefully dip each in the frosting or add frosting to a piping bag and drizzle overtop each pop. Another option is covering in frosting and sprinkling with chopped walnuts.
- Return to the freezer for another 20 minutes to harden.