2 tablespoons of agar powder (available at natural products stores)
1 cup of cherry juice
2 teaspoons of honey (optional)
1 heaping tablespoon of Organic Cherry Natural Calm
- Pour the juice into a bowl and sprinkle the agar powder across the top of the juice. Let it sit without stirring it for about 5 minutes.
- Stir the juice—the liquid should have thickened slightly.
- Pour all of the juice mixture into a saucepan and turn on high heat.
- Add the Natural Calm powder and optional honey. Stir together.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil. Stir for 1 minute, then remove from heat. The mixture should have a consistency of syrup.
- Continue to stir the mixture until it cools off a bit (about 2 minutes), and then pour it into the molds. Note: Do not let it cool for too long without stirring it, as it will get thick and lumpy.
- Place the molds into the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until all the gummies are solid.
- Pop the gummy bears out and enjoy!
- If you’d like green gummy bears, try adding a green juice with spinach and kale.
- Our inspiration for this recipe came from health coach Kelley Suggs. Check out her interview with Twin Cities Liveto learn more about the benefits of magnesium.
- We recommend using local, organic and non-GMO ingredients whenever possible.